Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I forgot to share with you the coolest story ever,

So With a week filled with death and horribleness I actually have a ray of light. (for those who don't know my mom passed away THEN my job was eliminated). Well anyway I went down the shore for the annual Christmas party. It was pretty quite this year unlike years passed where people were throwing stuff and just acting the fool. So my aunt was talking to one of her drunk friends about plants and mentioned this Madaline plant. All they talked about was no matter what happened Madaline would never die. Nothing could kill it. Then my aunt turned to my father and I and askes who was Madaline.

Madaline was my grandmother. She passes away when I was very young. I don't even thing I was five yet. And her death was quick. She found out she had cancer and was gone less than 6 weeks later. At least she really didn't suffer. ANYWAY so my aunt tells us about this jade plant. When my grandmother died my aunt scooped up the jade in her apartment and has made little jades with it. This is now going on 20 years!

I think this totally awesome! And one day when its not so cold I'll take the hour and a half drive to oceangate to get my own little peice of Madaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment